5 Installations / 5 laneways
Katoomba, Blue Mountains
Call for Expression of Interest from Western Sydney Artists
We’re looking for installation artwork ideas that communicate our vision for a sustainable city.
We’re seeking creative projects that engage and inspire locals and visitors. We encourage artists to consider 3d relief, kinetic, interactive, tactile and sensory experiences. Artworks should be suitable for all weather conditions and have a lifespan of more than 2 years. We want artists to think about sustainability and end of life within the creation of their artworks.
The full commissioning process involves:
We’re looking for projects that:
- may be exhibited from a period of 2+ years
- demonstrate artistic excellence
- Inspire our city to be sustainable
Selected works will be realised between July 2021 and September 2021.
$$ on offer
We’ll provide funding up to $20,000 per project, which is the total cost of production and installation. This will include the artist fee, all materials, transport, installation expenses, such as any engineering and safety costs.
All submissions must be made through the online form. Emailed submissions won’t be accepted.
To complete the form, the following are required:
- Artist/team contact details (Phone, Email and Mailing Address)
- One Page CVs and Short One paragraph Biography of all team members
- Detailed project description (Include the materials planned to be used)
- Conceptual visuals of the project
Read our full Guidelines for Submissions before completing your application.
Proposals will be evaluated by a panel including leading members of the Blue Mountains artistic community.
Applications will be assessed on but not limited to:
- creative approach to addressing sustainability
- Innovative approach to interpretation of public laneway spaces
- calibre/experience of artist/s/team
- audience engagement/experience.
Locations of works
Projects can take place in the following Katoomba laneways.
View a map (PDF 1MB)
We will work with artists to secure location approvals from council and private property owners.
Artists that are submitting with site /laneway specific artworks should consider how their artwork could be adapted to another laneway if their first preference is not an option.
If you have any queries, please email us.
Please note that only written enquiries can be addressed for legal reasons. Please contact email@example.com for any queries.
For Accessibility Queries only please contact Project Member Justin Morrissey on 0431147052.
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
– Black Francis / Pixies